Hello, Happy new year! The usual ‘new year, new goals’ post is coming soon, but I have something a little more fun to share. Camellia mini sessions!
A little background- If you live in Sacramento, you’ve probably seen camellias around town. They are beautiful winter blooming shrubs that come in shades of pink, red, white, and variegated. I fell in love with them when living in midtown, as they are all over the place. Sacramento is the camellia capital city. They came here in the 1850s thanks to the gold rush and do really well in this climate.
Camellias make the best portrait backdrop. Since these beauties only bloom for a limited time, I wanted to offer camellia session minis. It’s the perfect chance to get dressed up, celebrate yourself, and get an updated portrait as we start the new year.
Portraits are perfect for social media, email, your website, and just to have a cute new photo of yourself! We all deserve that!
- What to expect:
- This session will be short, sweet, and fun!
- We’ll get a mix of posed and candid shots ie: smiling in the camera, looking away, walking towards the camera, you can dance if you want to, etc!
- I’ll talk you through the shoot to make you feel comfortable and relaxed
- I’ll ask you if you need anything else and we’ll wrap up the shoot
- Photos are delivered via online gallery within a week of the shoot
- Location will take place in the midtown, east sac area! Specific location TBD (based on what’s in bloom + what color you prefer)
What to wear:
- Black, white, jean, and other neutral colors work great not to clash with the camellias
- A flower dress to really embrace the foliage works!
- Wear pink to pop in front of the flowers and greenery!
- More info on what to wear on my portrait session guide.
- Bring your dog!
- Hats are always cute
- If you’ll use the photo for business, consider having your phone, camera, coffee cup, or notebook in a photo or two!
- We’ll mostly just focus on portraits of you in front of the blooms, so don’t worry about props if you don’t want them!
- Pick out your outfit before the shoot! If you need help, text or email me a photo of it
- Press/steam outfit the night before
- Stay hydrated
- Sleep well the night before
- Eat an hour or two before hand
- Yes, it’s a short shoot, but taking extra good care of yourself before the shoot will make it an even better experience!
If you don’t need a full portrait session, but want a few updated pics for personal or business, take advantage of camellia mini sessions! Limited dates available at the end of January/early February. More details + Reserve your session here.
Here are a few favorite camellia portraits I’ve taken over the last few years:
Midtown (near O St./28th)
Midtown (somewhere in mansion flats)
Midtown (somewhere in newton booth)
Midtown (near S St/28th)
Midtown (near Q St/14th)
Midtown (near P St/24th)
Camellia Grove at Capitol Park
(Note: Trying to avoid Capitol Park over the next week to be safe but hoping to make it back there by the end of the month)
More photos + locations coming soon!
Snag your camellia mini portrait session here! Cheers
PS. If you have a favorite camellia bush in midtown, east sac, or surrounding, I’d love to hear! xo